- Cover Letter
- Elevator Speech
- Decide Your Major
- Graduate School Prep
- Job Search Resources
- Personal Statement
- Thank You Letter
Top Reasons for Using LinkedIn
- Build Relationships: networking is one of the most valuable tools in the job search. Get to know people, get to know businesses, follow the companies that have the culture you want to work for, get involved in discussion groups and find alumni, colleagues and classmates to connect with.
- Find a job or internship: Your profile is basically an online resume. Highlight your skills, education, career history to help attract potential employers to you. Many companies use LinkedIn to post open positions.
- Learn about companies you’d like to work for: most companies can be found on LinkedIn and provide a plethora of information about themselves, including links to their website.
Tips for Taking a LinkedIn Picture
- Wear clothes that match the fit of where you’d like to work. Now just because you may have the luxury of working at home one day, you may want to consider a step up from sweats. Step it up a notch! You don’t want to be over or underdressed. Solid colors tend to look best in photographs.
- Smile with your eyes (like Tyra Banks would say). You want to appear warm and friendly. You want to look very approachable.
- We have three backgrounds to choose from – pick one that compliments your skin tone and makes you feel comfortable.
Schedule your LinkedIn picture: Call 701-777-3904 for a 15 minute appointment.
Questions about how to use LinkedIn? Make an appointment with one of our career professionals by calling 701-777-3904 to learn more.
Helpful Handouts and Articles:
Use LinkedIn’s new career exploration pages to explore the professional landscape and browse job titles within various job functions across industries.