- Cover Letter
- Elevator Speech
- Decide Your Major
- Graduate School Prep
- Job Search Resources
- Personal Statement
- Thank You Letter
Career Fairs – Employer Information
The Career & Internship Fairs are hosted by the University of North Dakota each year in the fall and spring and attended by students from North Dakota, Minnesota, and UND alumni. The Career Fairs serve as an opportunity for employers to connect with potential employees to discuss career and internship-related opportunities. For additional details, please refer to our FAQ's below, or contact our Event Coordinator.
Accounting Career & Internship Fair
- Wednesday, September 18, 2019; 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Alerus Center
Engineering & Technology Career & Internship Fair
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019; 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Alerus Center
Aviation, Business & Liberal Arts Career & Internship Fair
- Wednesday, September 25, 2019; 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Alerus Center
A friendly reminder about our on-campus policies:
- The University of North Dakota is a tobacco-free campus. The use of tobacco is prohibited within university buildings, parking structures, walkways, arenas and on any university-owned property.
- UND also prohibits alcohol as well as firearms. These policies apply to all staff, faculty, residents, students as well as visitors.
How to Register
Registration for the Fall 2019 Career & Internship Fairs will open on April 1, 2019.
To register, visit Handshake and login with your email address and password. If you have not registered in our system before, click where it states, “Sign up for an account.”
Once in the system, click on "Fairs" on the left side of the screen and search for "University of North Dakota."
Registration fees for Fall 2019:
- Normal Rate: $450 (valid through Friday, August 30, 2019)
- Late Rate (if space is available): $550 (beginning on Saturday, August 31, 2019)
- Government & Non-Profit Rate: $350
Registration fee includes:
- 10' x 10' booth space
- A skirted 6 foot table and 2 chairs
- Registration for up to 4 recruiters
- Free parking
- Wireless internet access
- Lunch and Refreshments
Payment can be made via credit card in Handshake upon approval of your registration, or checks can be made payable to "UND" and sent to:
UND Student Account Services
264 Centennial Drive, Stop 8373
Grand Forks, ND 58202-8373
Please be sure to CLEARLY label the name of your company on your shipping materials so that we can easily deliver your package(s) to your booth prior to the start of the Career Fair. Address displays to:
Attn: UND Career Fair
c/o Campus Postal Services
2891 2nd Avenue North MS 9014
Grand Forks, ND 58202-9014
Notification is appreciated as soon as possible so we may inform students. Registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable per our cancellation policy.
Please contact our event coordinator, Jennifer Proulx at Jennifer.Proulx@UND.edu or 701.777.4390
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
How many companies attend UND's Career Fairs?
In Fall 2018:
- 100 companies attended the Engineering & Technology Fair
- 60 companies attended the Business, Aviation & Liberal Arts Fair
- 32 companies attended the Accounting Fair
A list of the companies that attended the Career Fairs in 2017 can be found here.
What majors and minors are offered at UND?
A full list of the majors and minors offered at UND can be found on our website by following this link: Majors & Minors
Where can I stay in Grand Forks?
A block of rooms has been reserved at the CanadInns The group rate is $84.50/night, and the hotel is located on site at the Alerus Center, the location of the Career & Internship Fairs. To reserve your room(s), call the CanadInns at 701.772.8404
More options: visitgrandforks.com
Where should I park and unload my display materials?
You may unload your vehicle and display materials at the south entrance of the Alerus Center building. The unloading zone will be clearly-marked with green flags, and staff will be available to assist you in unloading and delivering your materials to your booth.
Free parking will be available to you in the Alerus Center parking lot
How many students attend the Career Fairs?
In Fall 2018:
- 465 students attended the Engineering & Technology Fair
- 460 students attended the Business, Aviation & Liberal Arts Fair
- 140 students attended the Accounting Fair
Can I set up interviews before the Career Fair?
Please request interview space in Handshake. Rooms go quickly for the day after the fair, so please do not delay in reserving your space.
If you need additional information or have a special request, please contact Nancy Nelson, Internship Coordinator/Employer Relations.
What are some options for me if I want to come to your campus to meet students?
You can request an information session through Handshake. These can be held any time of the week, however Monday – Thursday, at 5:00 p.m., 5:30 p.m. or 6:00 p.m. are the best times. You supply the date you want to host an event, and our office will work with the specific department/major to make arrangements to include a room either at the Memorial Union or within a specific college.
We will also make arrangements for a projector, screen, podium, speakers, etc., if you'd like to show a PowerPoint or web presentation. In addition, offering food such as pizza and cookies, entices students to attend. We can help with ideas if you want to go in that direction. The department will promote the event to the students in the majors you are interested in attracting.
Contact our Internship Coordinator/Employer Relations staff for assistance.
How do I post a position that we have available?
This can be done through Handshake.
How many students are graduating in a specific field?
Check out the Summary of Graduates by College
Who is invited to the Career Fair?
- UND undergraduate and graduate students in all fields of study
- UND alumni are invited and encouraged to attend the Career Fair
- Students of colleges/universities in North Dakota and Minnesota