- Current Senators
- Executive Committee
- Staff Senator of the Year
- Become a Senator
- Photo Gallery
Staff Senate welcomes questions and ideas. Please click below to submit a suggestion.
Staff Senate Mission
The Staff Senate was established with the encouragement and approval of the President of the University of North Dakota on March 13, 1998.
The mission of University of North Dakota Staff Senate is:
To advocate for staff by supporting engagement, development, and recognition through shared governance and collaboration.
The Staff Senate was established to foster a spirit of unity, pride, and cooperation by being recognized equally with the University Senate and Student Senate as participants in advising University administration.
The Staff Senate is comprised of elected representatives from each salary band to serve the following objective purposes:
- To serve as an active link for meaningful information exchange between staff and administration relative to issues of mutual concern.
- To provide open meetings to express, propose, represent, investigate and debate issues. The Staff Senate, acting as an official and responsible voice in University affairs, will recommend action on issues that receive majority approval of the senators.
- To advise the President with regard to working conditions and employment practices, including recognition, compensation and other pertinent issues.
- To promote awareness of opportunities developed by Staff Senate, encourage involvement in campus and community activities and increase knowledge of the operation of the University.