- Health Screenings
- Get Moving Challenge
- Gratitude Campaign
- Healthy Department
- Deans for Wellness
- Zen in 10
- Special Events
- Wellness Spotlight
- Health Incentive Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Expecting & Mothering
- Walking Paths
April is Public Health month!
What IS public health? According to the American Public Health Association, public health promotes and protects the health of people and the communities where they live, learn, work and play. At Work Well we continually seek to improve the lifelong, multi-dimensional well-being of the employees at UND by providing impactful experiences that help prevent disease and promote healthy behaviors.
Five Core Disciplines of Public Health
- Development and application of statistical reasoning and methods to address, analyze, and solve problems in public health
- Focuses on the relationships between people and their environment
- Promotes human health and well-being
- Fosters healthy and safe communities
- The study of the distribution (frequency, pattern) and determinants (causes, risk factors) of health-related states and events (not just diseases) in specified populations (neighborhood, school, city, state, country, global).
- Combination of learning experiences designed to help individuals and communities improve their health, by increasing their knowledge or influencing their attitudes
Health Services Administration
- Combines policy, business and science in managing the human and fiscal resources needed to deliver effective public health services
10 Essential Public Health Services
Public health is all around you; YOU are the biggest component!
- Take time to get involved and participate in different events.
- Speak up if there is a policy you want to see enacted or changed. You could be the one who can change policy and make a difference in society.
- Collaborate with others and integrate findings to help change our nation.