- Health Screenings
- Get Moving Challenge
- Gratitude Campaign
- Healthy Department
- Deans for Wellness
- Zen in 10
- Special Events
- Wellness Spotlight
- Health Incentive Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Expecting & Mothering
- Walking Paths
Will you Take The Challenge?
April 7th - May 4th, 2019
This is a 4-week challenge to increase your physical activity. You will keep track of your steps, covert them from other forms of activity if necessary. The goal is to get you moving or get you moving MORE.
It's open to everyone! UND staff, faculty, students and their friends and family.
You can register as an individual or form a team (up to 6). The team can be made up of coworkers, family members, student workers, etc...it's up to you.
NEW: You will chose a group when registering: Walk, Run or Strength Train.
Steps get logged-in weekly or daily on the GET MOVING home page.
You can keep track of your steps by using a pedometer, activity tracker or cell phone app. Use this conversion chart to change activities into steps. Here are some informational sheets on strength training and flexibility.
- GROUPS: Your results will be compiled with others in your group. If you are a walker, you will be compared with other walkers...not someone training for a marathon. You can still join a team & team standings won't be affected by which group you are in. Members on a team may be in different groups.
- CHALLENGES....A little friendly competition never hurt. If you are a member of a team, you have the ability to challenge another team(s) at any time during the challenge. An email will be sent to notify them of the challenge and you can track your status along the way.
- ELECTRONIC TROPHIES: Keeping you motivated throughout the challenge. How many trophies can you earn for your trophy case? Earned by achieving various milestones such as increasing your steps from the previous week, leading in team challenges, total steps, and BONUS activities.
- PRIZES: Weekly team/group, Individual & Grand (all are awarded by random drawings of those who have entered steps). We also throw in a few spontaneous contests so keep checking your emails & your Get Moving homepage.
- REMINDERS: Don't miss another deadline. You will receive an email reminding you to log your steps.
On-line registration is encouraged, but a paper version is available. Please contact Work Well at 701-777-0120 to request.
Five NEW fitbit alta HRs™ are available, first come first serve. Pedometers and Fitbits® can be reserved and rented out through the Wellness Center Front Desk.