The mission of UND Art Collections is to facilitate the use of the University's art for education, research, and community cultural enrichment in ways that forward the University's mission and strategic goals. While providing oversight for the art owned by the University, UND Art Collections also offers assistance to the UND Foundation in the management and use of its art collection.
To view the collection visit UND Art Collections on Scholarly Commons.
- Develop an ongoing system to enhance the use of UND's art collections to meet the institution's mission and strategic plan (especially in regard to teaching, research, and community outreach).
- Complete and maintain an inventory of UND's art.
- Determine the scholarly and educational value of each artwork in order to determine how each should be used or located on campus.Improve security and preservation/conservation efforts.
- Seek external funding sources to support operations and special projects.
- Network nationally and internationally with museum organizations and professional art conferences.
- Contribute new knowledge (in keeping with UND's research institution status) by producing scholarly studies on art in the University's collections.
Office of the Provost
The Office of the Provost oversees the UND Art Collections with a collective mission to enhance the academic and cultural experience at UND and its impact on the state, region and nation.