These simple steps solve 80% of OU issues.
- Do not use Internet Explorer.
- Clear the cache in your browser.
- Restart your computer and log back into OU.
Submit a Web Support Ticket
Use the support ticket form for the following requests (noted as Issue in the form). For general Tech Support, please visit the Tech Support website.
Set up a new user account for access to OmniUpdate or request access to a website.
Please include your IDM (usually firstname.lastname) and any website addresses (URLs) you wish to access.
Access to websites not in OmniUpdate can not be granted.
New OmniUpdate Site
Request new Web space in OmniUpdate. Within the Detail of Issue please be sure to include the following:
- The type of site you are requesting (department, faculty, organization or other).
- Contact information for an advisor/supervisor (if you're a student).
- The desired Web address (URL) for the website. Please note your site will have a UND domain such as UND.edu/something, med.UND.edu/something, etc.
- IDMs of all users who will need access to the site.
Technical OmniUpdate Issue
Submit a ticket for OmniUpdate tech support help. Answers to common OmniUpdate questions are located in RightAnswers, a searchable database. >Search for answers
In your ticket, include the Web address to the page you are having trouble with and capture a screen shot if possible.
WordPress Blog Request
UND uses WordPress for creating blogs. Blogs can be hosted on a UND server, which will give the blog an URL with an UND.edu domain name (e.g. http://blogs.und.edu/yourblog). Please include who the organization or department the blog is for, your preferred URL and all users you'd like to have access the blog.
Site Redirect/Marketing URLs
If you wish to request a redirect or marketing/vanity URL, include:
- Requested URL
- Destination URL
- Previous URL (if requesting a change)