The UND Directory provides a university-wide database driven interface to help students, faculty and others connect with each other. Information in the database resides in the UND Directory, can be embedded on department sites, and is used on interactive TVs in some areas.
Each UND faculty and staff member automatically has his/her own profile populated with contact information from PeopleSoft. Profiles can be enhanced by including education, office hours, professional headshot, website/vita links, biography, courses taught, publications and presentations, research/areas of interest, experience, and other information.
Instructions to Update Your Profile
- Go to the UND Directory homepage or click Directories on the top right of any UND.edu page.
- Enter your First and Last Name and search.
- Click your name to load your profile page.
- Scroll to the very bottom of your profile page and click Edit Profile. Log in using your IDM username and password.
- Complete as much information as you are comfortable sharing online.
- Click Submit Updates and your changes will be live.
Update Your PeopleSoft Information
Different steps needs to be taken to update different fields:
- Office phone numbers can be updated directly in PeopleSoft by logging into HRMS Self-Service.
- Office addresses are updated by contacting UND.humanresources@UND.edu.
- Titles need to be changed through your department's HR representative by completing a Position Request/Change Form to update functional titles.
- Department names or numbers are updated by contacting Sharon Loiland at sharon.loiland@UND.edu.
Student search is limited to members of the UND community. A NDUS Account (IdM) login is required. Students can update their information via Campus Connection.
Only professional headshots are allowed in the directory.
Professional headshot services are available to University faculty and staff. Visit Marketing & Creative Services for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I update a department or affiliation name?
Changes to a department or affiliation name need to be made in PeopleSoft. Email Allison Peyton in Accounting Services at allison.peyton@UND.edu to request a change. Include your department number, old name, new name, and reason for the change in the email.
Please note that this will change all instances in PeopleSoft where your department or affiliation name is listed. This will change the name in the UND Directory and other areas.
How do I get help with my NDUS account?
All members of the University community have a NDUS account, though it may not be claimed. Go to UND Tech Support to claim your account.
For all information about your NDUS account, please consult UND Tech Support.
Why is the number of results limited?
This is done to prevent spammers and others from creating mass mailing lists.
Why can't I find my instructor, who is a GTA, in the faculty/staff directory?
Check the student directory. If your instructor is also a student, he/she is likely listed in that directory.
Can I make my personal email address shown instead of my UND email?
No. UND issued email is the official email for all staff, faculty and students. Faculty and staff may provide an additional email in their personal directory profile.
Check out some of these profiles to get ideas on how to update your own profile:
Use a Professional Headshot
Free professional headshot services are available to University faculty and staff (students and student employees are not eligible). Visit the Office of Marketing & Creative Services website for more information.
Follow UND Writing Guidelines
UND has a standard writing guideline for all web and print materials. However, each unit may have a preferred style manual.