- University Information Technology
University Information Technology (UIT)
Safeguarding UND Initiatives
Learn about the CIO's current initiatives to protect the UND community.
While You are Gone: Summer 2018 Projects
While the majority of you are preparing for summertime festivities and travel, your University Information Technology team will be working on several projects aligned with Safeguarding UND initiative.
Changes you can expect when you return to campus include:
- UND Secure Wireless UND will soon offer a more secure wireless experience by implementing the UND Secure wireless network. This secure wireless connection will include complete encryption between endpoints. In addition to UND (unsecured) and eduroam (secured), you will have the option to select UND Secure using your dotted identifier credentials.
- BitTorrent The peer to peer file sharing protocol, BitTorrent traffic will be blocked on UND wireless and wired network. If you need access to BitTorrent for official business purposes, please submit a helpdesk ticket.
- Office 365 Synchronization Soon faculty and staff emails will be synced with NDUS dotted identifier credentials. That means no more keeping track of multiple passwords for enterprise applications such as Peoplesoft, Blackboard and email.
Project completion dates will be communicated ahead of time once the timelines have been finalized.
More UIT@UND News
- Faculty and Staff Office 365 Credentials Change on June 19, 2018
- Introducing DocuSign
- New NDUS Office 365 Authentication Page
Connect to Your College IT
UND Tech Support will be enacting Summer semester hours in conjunction with the Memorial Union. UIT will continue reviewing these hours to ensure that we are meeting the community's needs to provide the best possible services.
Summer semester hours will run from Sunday, May 13th through Thursday, August 16th.
Summer Service Hours
Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday Closed
*All times are CST
Memorial Union, Room 3
Wilkerson Commons, Room 170