- About TRIO
- Programs at a Glance
- Talent Search
- Educational Opportunity Center
- Student Support Services
- McNair Program
- Contact Us
UND TRIO Programs - Upward Bound: How do I join?
Upward Bound Eligibility
Applicants must attend one of the following high schools:
Devils Lake High School, Dunseith High School, East Grand Forks Senior High School, Four Winds High School, Grafton High School, Grand Forks Central High School, New Town High School, St. Johns High School, and Turtle Mountain Community High School.
Students must also meet the following requirements:
- Students whose parents/guardians do not have a four-year college degree.
- Students who meet Federal Income guidelines.
- Students from families who have academic potential and need and are within a specific income range.
- Students who are currently in the ninth, tenth, or eleventh grades.
- Students from areas of rural and cultural isolation.
- Students in need of career guidance and or counseling.
To apply for the UND Upward Bound program, students need to complete the following application:
The following forms need to be turned in, for the application to be complete:
- Student Information
- Statement of Responsibilities
- Income/Education Verification
- Parent copy of Income Tax Form 1040 or 1040EZ or parent statement if did not file
- Copies of High School transcripts and any test scores attached
- Counselor Recommendation Form
- Teacher Recommendation Forms (2)
- Personal Essays
- Upward Bound Needs Survey