- Explore Options
- Residence Life
- Dining Services
- About Us
- Self Service
End of Fall Semester Information
Students Not Returning to UND for Spring 2019
Students may be released from their Residence Hall Agreement if they meet one of the following:
- Withdrawing from UND
- Transferring schools
- Studying abroad
- Beginning an internship, coop, student teaching outside of Grand Forks
- Received orders to report for military duty (proof of orders required)
Students are not released from the Residence Hall Agreement for:
- Moving to a fraternity/sorority
- Moving to an off-campus apartment
- Student teaching in and around the Grand Forks area.
Please do not make off-campus housing arrangements until you have been approved for release from your UND Housing Agreement.
To request cancellation of your Residence Hall Agreement:
- Complete the Residence Hall Cancellation Request found under Applications and Forms on your Housing Self Service page.
- Provide necessary documentation and receive approval from the Housing Office.
- Students with
are expected to move out no later than Noon on Sunday, December 16th.
- Students wishing to stay past Sunday, December 16th; need to complete the Semester Break Housing Form located under Applications and Forms on the Housing Self Service page. Approved students will be charged a daily fee.
- Students must formally check-out with a resident assistant. Residents are encouraged to check out within 24 hours of their last exam or graduation ceremonies. Only students who have received prior approval will be checked out. Students without prior approval will be directed by hall staff to go to the Housing Office.
*All approved Residence Hall Cancellations are re-verified in the spring and students who are still enrolled at the University of North Dakota will be responsible for the housing and dining charges.
Students Returning for Spring 2019
Students not registered for break housing may stay in their residence hall up to 24 hours after their last final and no later than Noon, Sunday, December 16.
Prior to leaving for the semester:
- Students will receive a door hanger with a list of simple tasks to complete before leaving for the semester.
- Complete the End of Semester Tasks listed below.
- Sign where indicated and leave this door hanger on your RA's doorknob to inform them that you have left for the semester and plan to return to UND next semester.
- The RA staff will be entering rooms to complete safety checks between 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Friday Dec. 14, 2018.
End of Semester Tasks:
- If you currently do not have a roommate, and have not purchased a double as single, you must clear half of the room to make it available for a roommate.
- Unplug everything in the room (exceptions: fish tanks, fridges, and computers)
- Leave blinds open about a foot
- Verify window is completely closed, locked, and any displays or window clings are removed.
- Remove garbage from your room and dump your trash in the garbage room or dumpster.
- Leave the heat between 68 and 70 degrees (if you have a thermostat in your room).
- Remove all items from suite areas. They will be cleaned over winter break.
Students wishing to stay in the Residence Halls between December 16 and January 6 must complete the Semester Break Housing Form located under Applications and Forms on their Housing Self Service page.
There is no charge for those students continuing to the next academic semester. Meal plans will still remain active during semester break. Information on dining center semester break hours can be found at the Dining Center website.
Room Change for Spring 2019
Students wanting to change rooms for the Spring 2019 semester will have the option to select a different room online between November 19-25.
To select a different room:
- Go to your Housing Self Service page.
- Under Room/Roommate Selection click on Select Room.
- Select a room from the list of available options.
- Only rooms open for the Spring 2019 semester will be visible.
- During the online room change selection process each student must select their own room. Roommate requests are not utilized during this process.
- Students changing rooms will be expected to check-in to the new room, move belongings, and check-out of the old before leaving at the end of fall or prior to the halls opening on January 6. Students will be contacted by Housing Staff regarding the move process.
- Students who choose not to request a room change between November 19 and November 25 will have another opportunity to request a room change beginning Monday, Jan. 14, 2019 and ending on Friday, March 15, 2019.
Spring 2019 Meal Plan Changes
Students wanting to select a different meal plan for the Spring 2019 semester can do so online through their Housing Self Service page between Nov. 26-30.
Please note that first-year students may select from Unlimited Access Plan or the Unlimited Access Plus Plan. Upper-class students may select from the unlimited or available block plans. For more information, see meal plans.