- Explore Options
- Residence Life
- Dining Services
- About Us
- Self Service
To be eligible to reside in University apartments, the occupants must meet one of the following criteria. The eligibility requirements set out here are for University Housing purposes only and do not apply to other University program requirements. Written permission from the University must be secured before any other person is allowed to reside in the apartment.
All occupants who meet the leaseholder requirements must apply and sign their own lease.
A. UND Student - Any undergraduate who has at least 60 credits or is 21 years of age or older by the end of the term for which they are applying or any undergraduate who has less than 60 credits or is under the age of 21 and has a spouse/partner and/or maintains custody or visitation rights for children or other dependents. Undergraduate student Leaseholders must enroll in, maintain, and complete at least nine (9) credit hours each semester.
Any student who is pursuing a graduate or professional degree. Graduate/professional student Leaseholders must enroll in, maintain, and complete at least six (6) credit hours each semester.
B. Post-Doctoral Research Fellows, Certified Flight Instructors, Medical Residents, and Faculty/Staff/UND Affiliates
Written verification or proof of employment/affiliation must be provided prior to assignment and for each additional semester of occupancy.
Non-Leaseholder Household Members - Must meet one of the following:
- Child or dependent of the primary leaseholder or partner/spouse.
Apartment Assignment Process
All applicants are placed on a waiting list in the order the completed application and the $35 non-refundable (U.S.) application fee are received.
- We start trying to match you to an apartment about 45 days prior to your requested move-in date.
- If one of your apartment choices matches an apartment that is available, you will receive an apartment assignment letter.
- If no match is found, then you are bypassed at this time (maintaining your original priority number on the waiting list) and the next applicant is considered for assignment.
- This process is followed until all available apartments have been assigned.
- You will remain on the waiting list until you receive an assignment or you cancel your application.
- Assignment letters are emailed to your UND email address and your preferred email address listed in Campus Connection. Please keep this information up to date.