FREE Online Tutoring for UND Students
Have you ever wished there was someone to help you with your class assignments right at your own desk? Someone you could contact at any time of the day or night? Someone who could review your paper before you turn it in? Now you can! With SMARTHINKING, you have free access to tutors 24 hours.
SMARTHINKING’s online tutoring service is available 24/7 for assistance with UND coursework. To access SMARTHINKING, log into Blackboard and enter a Blackboard course. Select Tools or Student Tools from the menu on the left and click on Access SMARTHINKING.
Online tutors are available for the following subjects and skills:
- Math (Basic through Calculus II)
- Chemistry (General and Organic)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Nursing and Allied Health
- Accounting (Introductory through Advanced, Cost, Payroll)
- Microeconomics and Macroeconomics
- Microsoft Office
- Reading Comprehension
- Writing and Grammar (includes Online Writing Lab for detailed, personalized critiques of any written assignments as well as "live tutors" to assist with pre-writing techniques, research strategies, documentation, grammar, and mechanics).
Assistance is available in the following formats:
- Connect "live" with an e-structor.
- Submit writing for any subject and have it reviewed by an e-structor within 24 hours.
- Pre-schedule an online personal session.
- Submit a question and get a response, usually within 24 hours.
- Search the schedule to find out when certain tutors are on-duty.
- Academic Support Tutor Lab offers tutoring in a variety of courses to all students. To visit with a tutor come to Drop-in Tutoring hours or schedule an appointment with a Learning Specialist for study strategies and/or test taking strategies.
- Drop-In Tutor sessions meet in Academic Support Tutor Lab, McCannel Hall, Room 180. Services are provided at no extra cost to UND students.
- Math Learning Center provides tutoring in math courses for all students.
- Student Support Services (TRIO) provides tutoring in a variety of courses to program participants.
- Writing Center provides one-on-one sessions with trained consultants for students who wish to receive assistance on various writing assignments.