A siren-only test is sounded the first Wednesday of each month at 1:00 p.m.
Office of Emergency Management
The Office of Emergency Management is responsible for coordinating the University’s preparation for, response to, and recovery from any major emergency. Safety is our only priority.
What We Do
- Oversee the University’s 24/7 Operations Center
- Maintain the Emergency Operations Plan and coordinate the Emergency Operations Center
- Coordinate development of Building Emergency Action Plans and Continuity of Operations Plans
- Facilitate multiple notification methods for emergency communications, such as UND Alerts
- Ensure compliance with the National Incident Management System and other regulations
- Conduct and participate in numerous exercises annually to refine emergency decision-making processes
- Offer numerous training sessions for all-hazards emergencies
- Develop important internal and external partnerships across the UND community