Skip navigation

Campus Resources

These are some useful UND websites that you may refer to for information.

Academic Adjustment Problems For Foreign Students

Academic Calendar

UND has three semesters (Fall, Spring, Summer). Most international students join in Fall (August), but some may start in Spring (January). This link gives you information on class dates, semester opening and closing dates, holidays, graduation dates, and much more.

Campus Map

Campus Map will give you an overview of building locations and roads on campus.

Campus Shuttle

The University runs campus shuttle services on class days during the academic year. There are four routes and a night route which covers most buildings on campus.


Most international students live in campus apartments because of the convenient location and reasonable cost. There are 1 and 2 bedroom apartments, furnished and unfurnished units. Apply early to get on the waiting list for a campus apartment. SAI may not always be able to help you with your housing needs.

Human Resources & Payroll Services

Office of International Program (OIP)

Office of International Program provides services to support all international students. You will be assigned to an International Student Advisor who will be your contact for all visa, I-20, and other information.

Field of Study

Listing of Graduate and Undergraduate programs at University of North Dakota.

School of Graduate Studies

The School of Graduate Studies provides information on admission requirements, application instructions, deadlines, registering for courses, academic catalog, as well as thesis and dissertation information.

Sites to see at UND

This publication highlights art and many artifacts you can explore around UND campus both inside and outside.

Student Employment

International students may only work on campus for 20 hours per week. If you have not received an assistantship (research or teaching assistantships are called GRA/GTA) you may want to apply for an on-campus (institutional) job. Most hourly paying jobs are advertised at the beginning of the semester. Prepare a resume ahead of time highlighting your communication and technical skills.

Student Health Services

Provides medical care to students on campus at their location. For emergencies or after hours care, students will need to go to Altru Hospital off-campus. Spouses (not children) of enrolled students may use SHS for a per semester fee.

Student Success Center

The Student Success Center provides programs and services to students to help with tutorials, etc.