Make an Appointment
Three ways to make an appointment:
- Online. Some appointments can be scheduled online through our Patient Portal.
- Call. Call the appointment line at 701.777.4500.
In person. Stop by the clinic to request an appointment.
Preparing for your appointment:
What to Bring
- Student ID
- Health Insurance Card
- Medications - including vitamins, herbs and supplements
When to Arrive
Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment. If you are late for your appointment there is a possibility you may not be seen by your provider. * If you miss a scheduled appointment with a provider without notification, there will be a $25 No-show fee, click here for the No-show fee policy.
UND Student Health Services is located on 2nd Avenue in McCannel Hall behind the Memorial Union.
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed Saturday, Sunday and all legal holidays
Please see UND Parking page regarding Parking Options.
- Students – All students who have paid student fees for the semester are eligible to utilize Student Health Services.
- Spouses – Spouses of enrolled students may use Student Health Services and will be assessed an office call charge each visit.
Getting the Most out of your appointment
Any discussion you have with your provider can be valuable to you in terms of both health and learning. As health professionals, we are a resource to care not only for your health concerns but also to promote wellness.
To benefit most from your talks with medical people, take an active part in the exchange.
- Ask questions. Write them down beforehand if you wish.
- Don't feel rushed.
- If you do not feel that your questions are being answered, say so and restate your specific needs.
- Many people feel anxious about seeing a doctor and find it difficult to discuss their health concerns openly. If this happens to you, preface your talk with your practitioner by explaining how you feel.
The professional yet informal atmosphere at the Student Health Service is intended to be a positive experience for you.
Find information on your rights and privacy.
Learn about billing and insurance practices.
No Show Policy
To help ensure that all patients are seen in a timely manner and to allow for efficient utilization of clinic staff’s time, SHS will implement a No-show fee effective July 1, 2016.
Definition of No-Show
No-show occurs if patient misses a scheduled appointment with a provider without notification.
$25 Fee will be assessed to your Campus Connection Account
What should I do to avoid a fee? Cancel your appointment
- Cancel online at Myhealth.UND.edu
- Call us at 701-777-4500
- Cancel in person prior to your scheduled appointment time
Late Arrival Policy
If you are more than 7 minutes late for your appointment there is a possibility you may not be seen by your provider. Being seen for your appointment will be left to the discretion of your provider based on the nature of your concern and the schedule of the provider.
No-Show Fee Appeal Process
To appeal a No-show fee, you must submit a "Request for No-show Fee Appeal" form within 30 days of the No-show appointment. Request for No-show Fee Appeal After this form is received, it will be reviewed and a written response will be sent to your UND email address within 10 business days.
* If a patient has three or more “No-shows” within a one-year period, SHS may initiate termination of care.
Your Rights and Privacy
Your Rights and Privacy
A medical record is maintained on every person who receives care at Student Health Services. All information in the record is confidential.
Access to information contained in your file is limited to you (the patient) and Student Health Services personnel, unless you give written permission to disclose it, except by court order. All employees sign a confidentiality pledge.
Emergency Options and/or After Hours Care Options
For life threatening emergencies call 911. For emergencies after hours go to Altru Emergency Room.
Altru Hospital - Ask a Nurse Line - Hours 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Altru Urgent Care - Hours 10:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
1200 S Columbia Road
Grand Forks, ND
(use emergency room entrance)
Aurora Urgent Care - Hours Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Sat 8:00 a.m. to noon
2650 32nd Ave S, Suite D
Grand Forks, ND