- What is Counseling?
- Group Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Substance Abuse
- Our Educational Approach
- Psychology Internship
- Master's Internship/Doctoral Practicum
- Doctoral GSA Practicum
Outreach is our means of reaching outside the physical walls of the center and engaging in the lives of those connected to our UND community.
The outreach component of our services includes a variety of programming and consultation activities. UCC staff members are involved in awareness, education, prevention, and collaboration by providing informational services, workshops, and consultation among other ways of engaging our community.
We offer these free workshops/presentations to student groups and living units throughout the year. These one to two hour presentations address a variety of issues relevant to students and student life, such as:
- Career Choices
- Eating Concerns and Body Image
- Family Issues
- Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence
- Stress Management
- Substance Use
UNDerstanding Healthy Living Workshops
The "UNDerstanding Healthy Living" workshops are open to students, staff and faculty.
- UNDerstanding Distress Tolerance: Don’t you wish stress could be avoided or eliminated? Through UNDerstanding Distress you'll learn how to tolerate stress, calm yourself down when you are feeling overwhelmed, create some stress busting skills and learn how to manage stress as a part of your life. You'll participate in some fun activities and talk with others about ways to handle stress.
- UNDerstanding Mindfulness: Come to learn about the connections between the mind and body. This workshop focuses on bringing oneself into the here and now and being present in everyday activities. Intentionality, acceptance, and non-judgmental focus of one’s attention on emotions, thoughts, and sensations will be discussed, and helpful skills for practicing these principles will be available during this workshop.
- UNDerstanding Relationships: The UNDerstanding Relationships workshop will focus on improving your desired interactions through healthy communication and understanding of those around you. You'll be giving the opportunity to practice and gain experience. Skills are taught using a DBT (Dialectal Behavior Therapy) framework.
- UNDerstanding Emotions: We all experience different emotions at different times. Sometimes it is difficult to manage our emotions especially if they are strong. Sometimes it feels like an emotion will last forever and it is difficult to figure out how to respond to or manage those feelings. The UNDerstanding Emotions workshop will help you to have a better awareness of your own emotions and give you some tools for managing them in healthy ways.
Please provide at least two weeks notice