Parking Permits Campus Transportation Visitor/Event Parking Parking Citations Appeals Transportation Services Driver ID Campus Map Task Force Mission Statements Contact Us
Request Special Event Parking Privileges
Certain events on campus are subject to parking privileges. Departments and guests can arrange the use of a lot for their special event. Please follow these steps when planning an on-campus event:
- Departments hosting an event must submit the Activity/Event Approval Form to the Environmental Health & Safety Office.
- If parking is needed for the event, the host department must complete the Event Parking Request Form 2 weeks prior to the start of the event.
- The parking box should be checked only if campus community members, general public or invited guests will be driving to the event.
- The Event Parking Request Forms should not be completed if any of the following are true:
- No vehicles will need parking
- The department has already directed their patrons to pay-as-you-go parking options located on campus; and/or
- Patrons will be driving government vehicles.
- The Parking Event Supervisor will review both the Activity/Event Approval Form and the Event Parking Request Form and make contact with the Contact Person listed on the forms to review the documents, as well as discuss any associated fees and signage.
- The Events Supervisor will determine the Rate per Parking Space and the Total Amount Due by using the Event Rate Structure.
- There is a $20.00 minimum charge for all events.
- Event parking charges will not be reduced should a department have less participants show up than what was expected.
- Larger vehicles will be charged by number of spaces required for parking.
- Alumni funds are not able to be charged via journal imports – please issue a check from Alumni.
- The Parking Event Supervisor will then return a copy of the completed Event Parking Request Form to the sponsoring department.
- The Journal Import will be initiated by the Parking Services Operations Specialist at the end of each month.