- Manager's Toolbox
- Criminal History Background Check Authorization Form
- EAP Newsletters
- E-Verify Information
- How to Run Queries
- HRMS Access
- HRMS Newsletters
- Interview Sample & Guidelines
- List Serves Access
- Manager Self Service
- New Hire and Transition Charts
- Peoplesoft Login
- Risk Mngmt & Workers Comp
- Supervisory Newsletters
- About Us
Notification of Death
Upon the death of an employee, spouse or eligible dependent please call the Payroll Office at 701.777.2158 or send an email to vicki.robertson@UND.edu to schedule an appointment to discuss making the appropriate changes to your benefits.
Family members will be asked to submit an original death certificate(s) to the Payroll Office.
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- A surviving spouse and/or eligible dependents may choose to continue medical, dental or vision coverage under COBRA for a maximum of thirty-six (36) months.
- If a surviving spouse and/or dependent(s) do not choose to continue their medical, dental and vision insurance, coverage will end at the end of the month, following the month of the deceased employee's death.
Long-Term Disability coverage end on the day of the employee's death.
Group Life Insurance
- Coverage ends on the day of the employee's death.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Participation in the Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) will end on the day of an employee's death.
- A surviving spouse or estate may continue to submit claims to ADP for the expenses that the deceased employee or their dependent incurred prior to the death.
- Claims may be submitted up to April 30th of the following calendar year.
- Contact ADP at 800.678.6684.
- Surviving spouses or dependents of TIAA-CREF employees should notify TIAA-CREF at 800.842.2776.
- Surviving spouses or dependents of NDPERS employees should notify NDPERS at 800.803.7377.