- 2018 Calendar
- Email Signatures
- Digital Signage
- Building Decor
- Outdoor Signage
- Vehicle Signage
Only manufacturers licensed through the University to reproduce its trademarks may do so. Any product or merchandise that include a University trademark (e.g., pens, T-shirts, baseball caps, etc.):
- Must be produced by an approved licensed vendor.
- Require the use of a Registered Trademark® or ™ logo.
- Design and use must be approved by the UND Licensing Office.
- Must follow UND Procurement & Payment Services policy on items over $10,000.
- Reproduction of University trademarks incurs 10% royalties; as of October 1, 2017 this royalty extends to internal use as well as commercial use.
In addition to the University’s trademarked logos (UND flame logo, Fighting Hawks logo, University Seal), the following are all trademarks of the University:
- North Dakota™
- University of North Dakota®
- Fighting Hawks™
- UND Hawkey™
- Fighting Hawkey™
University of North Dakota partners with Learfield Licensing Partners to manage the University’s standard license. To become a licensed vendor, vendors may contact Learfield Licensing Partners.
Dacotah Legacy Collection License
University of North Dakota partners with Learfield Licensing Partners to manage the University’s Dacotah Legacy Collection (DLC) license which features the University’s retired athletic marks in an exclusive retail line. If you are interested in becoming a DLC licensee, contact UND Licensing.
For more information on the DLC, visit UNDsports.com.
This program benefits local craft persons by allowing creativity to produce logoed crafts without infringing the University’s trademarks, while still allowing the University to maintain the integrity of its brand.
Rules and Regulations
Crafter License Agreements will have specific parameters regarding logo use.
- Items must be handmade, no commercially manufactured items are allowed
- All products and graphics must be approved by UND Licensing
- Samples may be required for some products
- A fully executed Crafter License Agreement between UND and Crafter
- It is important that crafters attempt to match UND green (PMS 347) as close as possible
- All items must be tagged with officially licensed labels
- Can sell at crafter events, fairs or personal website using a third-party payment processor
- Can sell on crafter websites such as Ebay, Etsy or Artfire
- No wholesale or third-party sales (i.e. retail)
- Can display at retail locations with crafter information, but not sell at retail
Available Crafter Licenses
STANDARD CRAFTER LICENSE
DACOTAH LEGACY CRAFTER LICENSE*
Includes the following trademarks:
Includes the following trademarks:
Includes 200 Officially Licensed Hologram Labels
Includes 50 Officially Licensed Hologram Labels & 50 Dacotah Legacy Labels
Crafter License Details
- Standard Crafter License may sell either ____ units OR $____ in total sales per Agreement
- Dacotah Legacy Crafter License may sell either ____ units OR $____ in total sales per Agreement
- Dacotah Legacy Crafter License may only be issued in conjunction or following an existing Standard Crafter License
- Crafter Agreements are effective for one year or when predetermined amount of product is sold; whichever comes first
- NOTE – UND logos have restrictions on the type of products allowed
- Reporting – Licensees will report sales information to the University at the culmination of each Agreement
*Note that in accordance with existing policy, no solicitation of sales may be made on campus or at athletic events unless express permission is given by UND Licensing Department. Approval may be required by additional parties (campus departments, building management).
How to Participate
Ready to Apply?
Apply online (coming soon) or download and send in the crafters license application.
Please allow two weeks for the University to review your application
Contact us at UND.email@example.com.