Our Brand Website and Digital Media Visual Identity Tools Name Badges/Stationery Merchandise/Licensing
- Eliminate and/or reduce the use of special effects (e.g., beveling, drop shadows) unless they are necessary for readability.
- Minimize the number of colors used for a clean look.
- Minimize copy as much as possible to create white space. To effectively communicate a point, less is more.
- When helpful to readability, format copy in bullets, short lines or columns.
- When including contact information use the standard formatting:
- Emails: Capitalize occurrences of UND, e.g., UND.info@UND.edu.
- Phone Numbers: Use periods instead of dashes, e.g. 1.800.CALL.UND.
- URLs: Write with an uppercase UND and lowercase subdomain and do not use the “www,” e.g., UND.edu or education.UND.edu.
- Avoid image pixelization by using the exact measurements and minimum resolution when sizing an image file (300 ppi for print, 72 ppi for digital).