A-Z Change/Forgot Password Current Students Faculty/Staff Guests and Affiliates Preceptors and Proctors Prospective Students
Read&Write is an easy-to-use, intuitive toolbar add-on for PCs and Macs that supports students with reading, writing, studying, and research. Read&Write seamlessly integrates with Microsoft applications, PDFs, e-mail, the Internet, and other software. With over 20 tools available, you can:
- Hear text read aloud to improve reading comprehension, with a choice of natural voices.
- Understand unfamiliar words with text and picture dictionaries.
- Highlight and copy text from documents and web pages to create study guides, outlines or complete assignments.
- Supports writing skills with word prediction.
- Turn text from documents and web pages into MP3 sound files for listening on the move.
- Check writing mistakes with proofreading tools.
UND students, faculty, and staff are allowed one free copy of the Read&Write software. To obtain your copy, use the links below:
When prompted for an Activation Code, do not enter any information, simply click Activate.
The installed Read&Write program has built-in tutorials, which you can select by using the down arrow next to any icon, or by clicking the arrow to the right of the puzzle icon on the toolbar and choosing “All Video Tours.”
Hoonuit by Atomic Learning also has in-depth training on a slightly older version of Read&Write. Go to Hoonuit by Atomic Learning, then sign in and enter “Read & Write Gold v11” in the search box.